Sunday, August 19, 2012

Mama Chit's Bakery

Mama Chit's Bakery

In a country with countless local bakeries, one does not only rely on taste as the basis of picking the best pastries to buy from. One must also consider the price, the relationship (the “suki” relationship), and the cleanliness. In my case, I have another requirement; experience. I lived in Pasig until I was around 10 then we moved to Quezon City. When we were in Pasig, we used to always have Pan de Sal every morning. Regardless of what we were having, there was always Pan de Sal to serve as an alternative meal. It would always be fresh, crunchy, and from the same bakery. Through the years, this routine buying becomes a memory, an experience, to the point that breakfast wouldn’t be what is it if there is no Pan de Sal on the Lazy Susan. When I moved to Quezon City, I lost that experience because there wasn’t a bakery that would even come close to the bread that I had in Pasig. I had to settle for the commercial ones which were not bad. It was only a couple of years ago where I discovered Mama Chit’s Bakery. Provided that it wasn’t near my house, the Pan de Sal that they made there was almost exactly like the ones I had when I was a kid. It is very soft on the inside with a crunchy exterior and perfect for dunking in the coffee because it absorbs it right away. Most importantly, it presents a feeling of nostalgia. I can assure you that the Pan de Sal and the other pastries that they have in that bakery are the best you can find in the vicinity. Because it is not only about the taste, it is also about the experience. These are some of the breads that they sell:
Cheese  Bread


Corn Muffins


(Brian Galvan)

No comments:

Post a Comment